Saturday, November 17, 2007
I have started the "We call them Pirates" hat for my brother. I'm using Knit Picks Telemark yarn in black and squirrel heather. It is knit on 16" circulars and it is a pain because there is so much more hat than needle. Its all bunched up and I hope that my floats are coming out ok. They really should make 20" circulars for making adult hats. I saw that size in Addi Turbos but they cost $15 a piece. Otherwise I am liking doing the fair isle knitting. I have seen where it is easier if you hold one color in your left hand and the other in your right and knit both continental and throwing at the same time. I tried it but it was very hard on my hands. I went back to throwing both colors and it didn't hurt anymore and I think I was going even faster than before.
I have finished the first stripe on the blanket for cousin and fiance. I am using TLC Essentials, it will be striped with this green and off white. I've never used this yarn before and I am liking it.
I've also been trying to get some baby Santa hats done for the hospital. Between making gifts and making things to sell at Etsy I haven't got much done for them. I'll make up for it after the holidays. I haven'tsold anything at Etsy yet. But I've read that it can take a while to get your first sale. I've decided not to make anything else until I sell something. Of course that could change once I get an idea for something new to make.
I think its time for a nap, I'm not feeling so good today and want to get some knitting done. Maybe a little nap or a big cup of coffee will help me get motivated.
Enjoy your weekend!
Wednesday, November 14, 2007
The second Guitar Man sock is complete! I finished it up last night. I can't wait to give them to my uncle. He's going to love them. Heres the details:
Pattern: Guitar Man Socks
Site: Whimsical Knitting
Size: mens 11
Yarn: Knit Picks Essential Multi
Color: Shale Multi
Needles: size 2 (pattern calls for #1 but I knit tightly)
Start date: Oct. 6
Finished: Nov. 13
I really liked this pattern but I have to say it is strange making a pair of size 12 mens socks after making only size 8 womens. They just seemed so large I thought I must be doing something wrong. Had to keep reminding myself mens calves are bigger.
Now I can start on the "We call them pirates" hat for my brother for christmas. Can't wait to start that. The yarn and needles came on Saturday but I wanted to finish the sock before I started anything new. That will be my first real fair isle project, I've done some simpler ones but this is the whole hat. Maybe I'll go start on that now....
Monday, November 12, 2007
38 things about me that you may or may not want to know.
1. Name one person who made you laugh last night? My brother. He always texts me asking me questions about any topic. He calls me "the glue" cuz he thinks I know everything. If he needs to know something he always asks me first.
2. What were you doing at 0800? If it was a.m. I was sound asleep.
3. What were you doing 30 minutes ago? cleaning my bedroom.
4. What happened to you in 2006? Nothing I can remember. My life is pretty boring.
5. What was the last thing you said out loud? Bless you (dad sneezed)
6. How many beverages did you have today? a cup of coffee and some water to take my meds.
7. What color is your hairbrush? Black
8. What was the last thing you paid for? Sugar, butter, chocolate.
9. Where were you last night? In my bedroom watching TV and reading magazines.
10. What color is your front door? white
11. Where do you keep your change? In my wallet.
12. What’s the weather like today? cloudy and cold
13. What’s the best ice-cream flavor? Mocha almond fudge
14. What excites you? Why yarn, of course!!!! George Clooney!!!
15. Do you want to cut your hair? Yes and no. Its long and I like it but its too much work.
16. Are you over the age of 25? Unfortunately yes.
17. Do you talk a lot? No.
18. Do you watch the O.C.? God no, too old for all that teenage drama.
19. Do you know anyone named Steven? no
20. Do you make up your own words? All the time.
21. Are you a jealous person? Yes
22. Name a friend whose name starts with the letter "A". Don't have one.
23. Name a friend whose name starts with the letter ‘K’. Don't have one
24. Who’s the first person on your received call list? What does that mean??
25. What does the last text message you received say? "LOL, Clearly" in response to my "I do know everything! Don't I!!??"
26. Do you chew on your straw? No.
27. Do you have curly hair? Yes very!!
28. Where’s the next place you’re going to? the couch to knit.
29. Who’s the rudest person in your life? Not sure.
30. What was the last thing you ate? Cereal and a banana
31. Will you get married in the future? I have no idea. I'd like to someday.
32. What’s the best movie you’ve seen in the past 2 weeks? 300. *300 Hot bodies* thats what they should have called it.
33. Is there anyone you like right now? No
34. When was the last time you did the dishes? about 2 weeks ago when dad was away, he does the dishes.
35. Are you currently depressed? No I take many drugs to keep me going.
36. Did you cry today? No.
37. Why did you answer and post this? Because Sharon said she wanted to get to know me better.
38. Tag 5 people who would do this survey.* Wendy, Shelly, Diane. They are my Loves Pals. Lets see who else? Christina and Kim.
Thursday, November 8, 2007
I painted these for my Dad. He ordered them last year but I never got to them. I forgot how much I like painting things. I spend so much time knitting and crocheting I forget that there are other things I like to do. Like reading, I've collected quite a few books to read in the past year and haven't even started one. Maybe this winter I'll put some time aside to do other things. Of course it will have to wait until after the holidays since I have a couple of gifts to make. And if I spent less time online....
Tuesday, November 6, 2007
Hi! I have entered my unsuspecting dog in a cutest dog contest. Please vote for him: http://www.gadzoo.com/Newsday/contest/RatePhoto.aspx?ContestEntryID=35
Onto fiber related stuff. I have been busy working on items to sell at my Etsy shop. No sales yet but I will be patient. I have 2 more things to list then I think I will wait it out before making anything else.
I have turned the heel on my second Guitar man Sock. Tonight I pick up the gusset stitches.
When I finish the socks I will start on a blanket for my cousin and her fiance. They just got an apartment together so this will be their Christmas present. Also on the Christmas gift list a hat for my brother. I will be making him the We Call them Pirates hat over at helloyarn.com. I've ordered some wool from knitpicks to make it. I can't remember offhand which yarn I got.I should probably get back knitting. Ciao!
I've created a new dress from the Butterfly Top and Azalea Dress, basically you start with the butterfly top, then after about 3 or 4 ro...
Easy Print Document G 6 hook Bernat Baby so ftee y arn Size: newborn Chain 36 Row 1: dc in 4th...
Easy Print Doc Simply Soft yarn, size G7 hook Size ( to m ake larger use a larger ho ok Gauge of my sweater i...
Easy Print Pattern This dress should fit a 6-8 lb newborn baby. G7 hook light WW yarn such as Simply Soft or Pound of...